West Hempstead Policy for Museum Passes
One-Time Use Tickets
1. A limited number of tickets, to the New York Hall of Science are purchased yearly for West Hempstead Library patrons only.
2. A lottery system will be implemented for the equitable distribution of these tickets. Library cardholders (age 18 and over) in good standing will be allowed to enter this lottery once. (Additional and invalid entries may be purged.)
3. Multiple drawings per year will take place for this lottery. Lottery tickets will remain active for subsequent drawings. Cardholders need not be present at drawings. They will be notified by phone or mail.
4. Winning cardholders will be given 2 weeks to pick up the tickets with their valid library card. Lost tickets will not be replaced.
5. Patrons are responsible for checking with the New York Hall of Science to confirm hours and current exhibits.
1. Museum passes are available to West Hempstead Public Library card holders, age 18 and over, in good standing only.
2. Passes may be reserved up to one month in advance, in person or by telephone.
3. Only one Museum Family Pass may be checked out per family, per loan period.
4. To allow for equitable use of these passes, each family/household may reserve a specific museum’s Family Pass only once every six months. If available (unreserved) the same pass may be borrowed on a walk in basis.
5. Patrons are responsible for checking with the museum to confirm hours and current exhibits.
6. Cardholders must call to cancel a reservation or delay a pickup. Passes not picked up by noon on the first day of the loan period will lose their reservation. Frequent cancellations or nonpickup of passes may result in suspension of privileges for 3 months.
7. The fine for an overdue pass is $10.00 per day. The maximum fine is $50.00.
8. If a pass is lost, the replacement cost will be a minimum of $50.00. This amount will be higher if the particular museum requests additional fees. In addition, the patron’s museum pass privileges will be suspended for three months.
9. If a patron loses two passes, his/her museum pass privileges will be revoked.
10. Any fees incurred by a patron that are not paid, will be added to the patron’s library card account. Any amounts over $25.00 will be subject to the collection agency.
Board approved: 7/30/12